Dr. Fritz Boettner is a specialist minimally invasive total knee and hip replacements as well as complex primary and revision joint replacement surgery.
His practice concentrates on the nonsurgical and surgical treatment of arthritis. As part of a patient-centered individual approach, he performs joint-preserving arthroscopic surgery and minimally invasive total joint replacements as well as resurfacings. He has particular expertise in direct anterior total hip replacement, partial knee replacement, hip resurfacing, and short-stay/rapid-recovery hip and knee replacement. With practice locations in NYC, Westchester and Long Island he is providing personalized care close to your home.
"Minimal invasive surgery reduces surgical trauma, resulting in advantages for early rehabilitation," he says. "In addition, patients love their cosmetically appealing incision." "We have now many more options to customize your care to your individual needs." Performing hip resurfacings and posterior approach hip replacement in his practice since 2006 and becoming a specialist in anterior hip replacement since 2012, Dr. Boettner has the skills and experience to help you make the right decision for your individual situation, making sure you can return to the activities you love.
"By implementing modern pain management protocols, less traumatic surgical techniques, robotic precision as well as smart postoperative rehabilitation our goal is to make your recovery after surgery as fast and complete as possible. Especially in total knee replacement we have made tremendous progress in keeping you comfortable throughout your recovery and allowing you to recover faster."
Born in Germany, Dr. Boettner studied at the top international centers for his specialty, completing four fellowships at the Hospital for Special Surgery and the Steadman Hawkins Clinic. He has authored numerous publications, earned more than 10 research awards, and presented his research at national and international meetings. He strongly believes that research is the key to optimize treatments and helps us to provide the best care for our patients. Over the last 5 years he has shared his knowledge as instructor teaching surgeons on how to perform anterior hip replacement in the US, Europe and China.
- Attending Orthopaedic Surgeon, Hospital for Special Surgery
- Clinical Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Hip Resurfacing
- Minimally Invasive Posterior Total Hip Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Anterior Total Hip Replacement
- Complex Primary Total Hip Replacement
- Complex Revision Hip Replacement
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Unicondylar Knee Replacement
- Patellofemoral Knee Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Total Knee Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement for complex deformities
- Revision Total Knee Replacement
Board Certification certificate
- Travelling Fellowship, American Orthopaedic Association 2000
- OrthoBiotech OREF Award for Excellence in Blood Management 2005
- Best Poster Award, European Society of Anesthesiology 2013
- Best Poster Award, North German Orthopaedic Association 2013
- Best Poster Award, EFORT Meeting, London 2014
- Best Paper Award, World Arthroplasty Congress, Paris, 2015
- Best Poster Award, European Knee Society, London 2017
Membership Professional Societies
- Orthopaedic Research Society (ORS)
- German Orthopaedic and Traumatology Society (GOOC)
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medcine (ISAKOS)
- Ortho Development Corporation: Product design consultant; designed high flex total knee replacement system and total hip system; receives royalties
- Smith & Nephew: Product design consultant; revision total knee arthroplasty device; receives royalties
- Depuy J&J: Consultant training of anterior hip replacement